1. Gardening. Keeping active helps you focus on the task at hand and releases endorphins which helps you feel happier.
2. Cleaning Windows. Cleaning and tidying can help your mind feel refreshed and increases your mood.
3. Baking Cakes. The smell of fresh baked foods can release chemicals within your brain that associate food smells with pleasant memories.
4. Defrost the Fridge. Keeping your house hygienic is always important for your wellbeing and mental health.
5. Go to the latest art gallery with a pal. Keeping interested in activities with the exciting conversation with friends makes you feel less depressed.
6. Take a walk on the beach with a dog. Taking time to feel calm and peaceful like this helps you to clear negative thoughts in your mind.
7. Read a novel you have not yet got round to. Being stimulated is important in keeping your mind active, and concentrating on something you find interesting, makes you feel positive.
8. Spend time with your grandchildren. Quality family time makes you feel safe and secure which helps reduce any negativity of feeling alone.
9. Learn to knit a quilt. Keeping your brain active with new skills helps you to build confidence in yourself and abilities, thus improving your self worth.